This website is probably more useful to me than to you, I use it to keep track of things.
I published my first novel, Darryl, with Clash Books in May 2021. It’s the story of a guy in an unusual sex lifestyle. You might relate to him.
In the Absolute Balloon
Short story in the Chicago Review, August 2022. You can read it online. In the Absolute Balloon
Short story in the Recluse, November 2022. You can read it online. Shade
Work in Progress
It’s better to say less, but you might see something soon.
Reviews, Interviews, Podcasts
- Review of Italian edition of Darryl (trans. Stefano Pirone) by Deborah D’Addetta, Critica Letteraria, December 2022
- Critical essay featuring Darryl by Kay Gabriel, Yale Review, November 2022
- Interview with Monika Woods, Triangle House Review, January 2022
- Review by Zoe Hu, The White Review, August 2021
- Review by Dominic Fox, Review 31, June 2021
- Interview with Hayden Bennett, Believer Mag, July 2021
- Interview with Violet Spurlock, Bæst Journal, August 2021
- Interview with Lindsay Lerman, Southwest Review, July 2021
- Review by Jonno Revanche, Meanjin, Summer 2021
- Interview with Elle Nash, The Creative Independent, July 2021
- Interview with Emma Rindlisbacher, The Agloe Review, June 2021
- Podcast with Tuck Woodstock, Gender Reveal, November 2021
- Podcast with Joe Bielecki, Writing the Rapids, June 2021
Reviews by Me
- Peach Magazine, Favorite Books, March 2021: wrote about Chip Delany, William Leonard Pickard, William Godwin, MacDonald Harris, Samman/Charrière, Wallace Stevens, Vikram Seth.
- Artforum, Review of Holly Melgard’s Fetal Position, December 2021
- Bookforum, Horse’s Mouth, Fall 2022: wrote a paragraph about Wilfred Bion’s 1965 book, Transformations.
None planned for now. Stay safe.
- Mastodon: @email@example.com
- Tumblr: @jackiedotess
- Instagram: @jackie_ess
- Twitter: @jackie_ess
trip to taller windows at protonmail dot com (no spaces)
- Phone/signal: I might like talking this way most of all but I’m not posting my number, I’m sure you understand.
- Patreon: @jackie_ess. I was serializing the audiobook here and now I’m not sure what to use it for. Of course you can just support me because you’d like to. I appreciate it. But I think I’ll figure out something patreon-exclusive soon.
Last Updated 2022-12-06